photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Monday, December 9, 2013

#Theskinproject: Exfoliation







Hello Ladies! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! As some of you know, I'm doing #theskinproject with  Lianne H, at The Brunette Says, So you can click the tag and see all my posts about it so far.


Fresh Skin Apricot ScrubSo exfoliation! I'm an exfoliation addict. In fact, I do it a lot more than I should. You're supposed to exfoliate 3 to 4 times a week, I do it probably every other day... and two days in a row if my skin is feeling especially gross, and on top of using a face scrub that often, I also use a clairsonic (I'm trying to get away from using it everyday twice a day... but it makes my skin feel so smooth!)
My scrub of choice has been the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. It's awesome, it doesn't really dry out my skin, it's not painful (I have sensitive cheeks, especially in the winter, some other scrubs I've tried are really coarse and hurt my cheeks). A little goes a long way, I usually use a nickel's worth and it scrubs my whole face. The smell is AHHHHMAZING. I seriously look forward to doing this scrub.

TimeWise® Microdermabrasion SetA scrub I've used that I absolutely do not like is the Mary Kay Microdermabrasion -that may be spelled wrong- the scrub is a fine coarse sandy texture. It hurts. This one is meant to be used once a week and I could hardly do it that often, that's how bad it hurts. When I did get the courage to do it I rarely put it on my cheeks, just my forehead, chin, and nose. I like the second step "Replenish" its a silky texture, meant to, well, replenish the skin after stripping it with the scrub. This one just doesn't float my boat.



Another exfoliant I'm obsessed with is the Elf Lip Exfoliant. I LOVE this thing. I seriously use it everyday. We've had a crazy winter already, my lips have been in some serious need of some TLC and this does the trick. You can read more about it in my Lucious Lips post!

What exfoliants are you guys loving?
p.s. This post was supposed to go out Sunday evening, but my scheduling got mixed up, sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment