photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

#TheSkinProject: Cleansing

Happy Tuesday! Still playing catch up for #TheSkinProject so this is my cleansing post to be up to date!


To me, cleansing is the most basic thing in the world, but there's so many ways to do it, and so many things you could use, it's my most obsessive part of my skincare. But good Lord the last thing I want to do before I go to bed is wash my face...  it's the most necessary thing though, if you don't do anything else -which I don't blame you, serums, moisturizers, balms, toners, they can get pretty confusing- you must wash your face, morning and night. I was reading on Caroline Hirons blog that people actually ask her if they have to wash their face in the morning..... YES. When I was younger I learned that dead skin is constantly falling off your skin. The little cells die and fall off. Now imagine rolling around in your DEAD SKIN, then waking up and throwing on makeup. Uhm, gross. Ok, I'm off my soap box.



In the morning, I generally just wash my hands, rub some Mary Kay Clearproof cleanser on my face and use my clairsonic on it's low setting, for about 30 seconds. -I think it stays on for a minute? but I usually just do it until my face feels clean and awake- Then I rinse it off -I just use water and my hands, no wash cloth, so sue me- that's it for cleansing in the morning -We'll go into to toning, serums, and moisturizing in seperate posts-


At night I've been switching it up a bit. This week I've actually been taking my make up off with coconut oil, after I wash my hands, I put it on a cotton pad and rub it around my face taking off the make up. Then I use my Mary Kay Clearproof cleanser with my clairsonic. It seems to be working pretty well. It hasn't made me break out and I don't need as much moisturizer in the morning. Before I started using coconut oil to remove make up I was using Purpose to remove it, then after rinsing that off, using the Mary Kay and clairsonic. -Side Note: I was reading some boards on the sephora website yesterday and a lot of people are complaining that their clairsonic is actually increasing their cystic acne, I've not had this issue, that I know of I've had cystic acne for about 5 years so it hasn't made it worse. When I don't use my clairsonic my face feels gross and clogged, so if you've had any experience with this issue, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion!- Since I've started using the coconut oil to take my make up off, I've noticed that my face isn't as dry as it was when I was using the purpose. I'll stick this out for awhile and do a whole post on it!

What are some of your cleansing routines?

I try to post daily, keep updated by following me on Bloglovin', GFC, or Google +! 

No comments:

Post a Comment