photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Shout out to designers

Today's post is short, sweet, and to the point. 

I've literally been looking for a way to make my own invitations for about 2 hours. My shoulders hurt from slumping, my brain hurts from trying to think of what else I can google, and my eyes hurt from staring at the screen.... 

Last week I thought I wanted to maybe take some graphic design classes. I love fiddling with my blog look, and changing things up, and maybe that's still possible one day, but as of now, I am not a designer of any kind. I will be purchasing my invitations on Etsy and having them printed, because I just don't have the brain power to decide what font looks best with what, or what squiggle line to use where. I think I'm more exhausted from trying to be a graphic designer than I was yesterday after the gym. 

So to all you ladies (and men if you're reading this) I applaud you. For not only taking the time do your job to the best of your ability and create your blog, but also creating them for other people. Those of you that use your skills for invitations and the like, a bow to you. I don't even know what I want on my own, but you make them for other people to use and critique. You are truly a brave people. 

I will gladly pay $50 for a dream invitation that I don't have to make myself, because you worked so hard on it. And because I'm too indecisive to do anything like that for myself. So, thank you. For being creative, smart, and for putting a piece of yourself out there. 

I'm just going to sit over here in my corner with the rest of the un-creative people, lick my wounds, and rest my brain with some Once Upon a Time on Hulu. 

Happy Wednesday Y'all. 

https://twitter.com/sarahsspielhttp://www.bloglovin.com/sarahsspielHTML Map

1 comment:

  1. My wedding invitations were a nightmare! My first designer ended up telling me she was too busy to take the project on (a month after we started discussing them but thankfully before any money was paid!) and my second designer went MIA but thankfully I was able to at least get the design files from her! A local print shop took pity on me and had their designer finish them for free... Guess who does my work print jobs now? :)

    ReplyDelete