photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dupe vs. Dollar: Beauty Blender Edition





That moment when you get all your make up on and it looks awesome, and you realize you didn't put on any primer so it'll be gone in about 5 minutes. That's the kind of morning I had.

Who here has heard of the Beauty Blender? -everyone- If by some chance you haven't heard about or seen one, fear not, that's what we're talking about today.



The original beauty blender. Did anyone else know that "Beauty Blender" is the brand of these little pink miracles sponges? Now you do.
The website says:
Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.
I personally have never used this one, there are about 1 million dupes out there for this bad boy, and the one I'm using now works pretty fantastically if I say so.
Up & Up™ Latex Super Blender

The Up & Up Latex Super Blender from Target, this was the first one I tried. Maybe it's because it's latex, maybe its because it's only $5, who knows but this one did not do anything for me. It was so heavy, and dense. It didn't absorb any make up but it didn't do anything for blending either. It kind of just smeared around my face. It definitely didn't give me any kind of "flawless finish." I went back to using a brush after this let me down. Then I went to Sephora.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - The Perfectionist Makeup Sponge



The Perfectionist Makeup Sponge is the one I'm using now. I went to Sephora with every intention to purchase a full fledged pink beauty blender. Alas, they didn't carry them in the store. So I bought this cute little fellow. It was $13, but it was worth it. It's so soft, and it bounces right off my face. This one leaves me with a flawless finish. It's amazing. It's so light, especially compared to the one from Target.




After I used this one for awhile, I went to TJMAXX where they have a couple of different brands, and I opened one -shhh- to see if it was as dense as the one from Target, well good news! It's not! It's almost as light as the one from Sephora. So run to TJMAXX and get one now, it's worth it I promise.

I don't plan on purchasing a legit $28 beauty blender when I can keep getting these for half the price. I re-fall in love with this bad boy every time I use it.

In the case of Dupe vs. Dollar: Beauty Blender edition:
Dupe does it better!



Have a fabulous Thursday y'all!










 photo sig_zps436b4c5d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment