photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The "I should have stayed away from that side of the store" Mini Haul

I went to Walmart last night for creamer, mustard, and toilet paper, and came home with toilet paper, dry shampoo, foundation, cuticle cream, a hair treatment, and a make up remover.... No creamer or mustard. So my coffee was gross and my corn dogs will be dry but everything else is on point. So without further ado, my "should have stayed away from that side of the store" mini haul.

Side note: I forgot to mention this yesterday, I'm looking into beauty boxes, I know birchbox is the og of subscription boxes, but I haven't been hearing good things about it lately. I know there's also ipsy and pop sugar has one. Which ones do y'all like best? I'm leaning towards ipsy because you can never have too many of those bags -am I right.- So if you have a favorite your opinion would be much appreciated!!


1. Nail and cuticle butter: I don't know if y'all read my cuticle cream post -which I can't find, maybe it doesn't exist-, but it's a serious debacle for me. I love my hands to be soft and I'm trying to stop picking at my cuticles, but cuticle cream just seriously irks me. I like what it's supposed to do, but mine gets all over my keyboard, it gets in my hair -I'm a hand runner aka I run my hands threw my hair at least 15 times a day.-  anyway, I saw this stuff last night and knew I had to have it. I'm not even sure what the brand is, I've never heard of it, but seriously, this idea works. The chapsticky tube can just rub on my cuticles and call it a day without getting it all over my hands and keyboard! I'd still rather have it in like a lipgloss tube with the wand, or one of those twist up tubes like some concealers come in. Sally Hansen where are you on this? Get. It. Together. 

2. Pantene Dry Shampoo: I've been using suave professionals dry shampoo and it is just not working, I have to use a TON before I feel like my hair is even remotely looking "refreshed" so I used a whole can in about a week and a half...  that's not gonna twerk out. So I'm gonna try this one. I just want a dry shampoo that absorbs the oil in my hair without having to use a ton, and without leaving the dry shampoo-y feeling... So I grabbed this one. I haven't used pantene anything in a long time, who knows maybe this will require a pantene come back in our house. 

3. L'oreal Total Repair: I tried to use this last night, I did it the lazy way, and I'm regretting it today. I used it as a pre-poo, I ended up using way to much & got it too close to my scalp. On top of all of those mistakes, I used my normal conditioner after I washed it out..... Just a fail all the way around. I probably won't be trying this the correct way tonight, because I already have to wash out ALL of the conditioner in my hair already -yeah it was gross.. I couldn't even straighten it... blah- but let me tell you. This stuff felt so luxurious. It was thick and creamy and it smelled awesome. Hopefully it works when I do it correctly...

4. E.l.f. Lip Exfoliator: This thing is the bomb. I love it. It exfoliates, hydrates, moisturizes... my lips feel awesome after this. This is the second one of these I've bought, the best part? It's only 3 dollars. How can you walk away from that? You can't.

Not Pictured: I also bought a Ponds make up remover. The one with cucumber. I had already used it, that's why it's not in this picture -I'm not a patient person-

That's all for my mini haul that should've never been.... I'll let you know how these products work out. Don't forget to let me know what subscription boxes you like best! Have a happy Wednesday! 
 photo Untitled3_zps0f4ef15b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment