This is going to be a year of wedding craziness. This week I asked my mom to send me a list of her ideal guest list -her family and friends, my dad's family and friends etc.- as soon as I opened that email and attempted to download the file, I realized I had made a grave mistake. My mother -who should have been a politician she knows so many people- the social butterfly, had made a list of everyone she'd ever known it seemed like. Under the family column, there were people I've never heard of, much less met.... but I digress.
I've never really been a resolution's type of person. I pretty much set myself up for failure by coming up with resolutions that I know will never happen. My best friend is a goal driven person, she always sets crazy resolutions, and sticks to them. In high school she set resolutions to not drink soda and to not eat fries, she followed through with both of them, and she still to this day doesn't eat fries and only drinks soda once in a blue moon. She's crazy goal driven.
So this year, instead of having resolutions that I'll never accomplish and have to "re-set" in 364 days, I'm going to pick some specific things -that I've been procrastinating- to better myself.
1. I'm going to stop picking at my cuticles. This one has been a long time coming. I've been picking my cuticles since I can remember. I get told its out of anxiety or whatever, but when I have my gel nails on, I don't pick. -possible because they're harder to grasp, besides the point- so this year, Roland will have a pretty hand to hold.
2. "getting healthy": This is a cheater one/two fold. I'm getting married in October, so I have to be healthy anyways to make sure I fit my dress -that I've already had for a couple months- that and Roland is eating healthy and I buy our groceries -we're usually together, but I like to think that I'm the final say- so our fridge is packed with yogurt, apples, and spinach -not to be eaten together mind you-
3. To relax: I get overwhelmed easily -I'm sure that's part of why my skin is always seeking revenge in the chin area- seriously though, more than 4 things going on at once, I can't handle well.. The day will end, a new one will begin, and it'll be ok. That's what I have to keep telling myself.
4. Obviously to blog more, I've really come to enjoy having a place to go and share the same interests with so many different people.
5. This isn't a goal, but it will better myself. I get to marry my best friend, my better half, this year, and I couldn't be more excited! I'm so ready to be married to him, so I can tell him I don't care if my cold feet are annoying him, he can't do anything about it. :) Just kidding, but seriously I'm so excited to spend my life with him!
Well that's it, my hopes for 2014. What are some of your goals or resolutions?
Happy New Year!