photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Friday, January 24, 2014

Five on Friday # I have no idea.


Well ladies it's Friday again, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so ready for this weekend, and I'm so over this week. I've been kind of absent this week, work has been crazy, and by the time I get home all I want to do is sit on my couch. Next week will be better, promise.

I'm thinking about starting up a pinterest for the ole blog. My only concern is that I literally pin everything I think I might like. Pinterest should come up with a more user friendly way of thinning the pinning. I go back through my boards later and I'm like "what was I drunk pinning some of this stuff?" But it's not easy or convenient to delete a group or multitude of them. You have to delete them one at a time. So I end up with a million pins of stuff I'm never going to use.... back on topic, I really pin a lot. I was going to do a five favorite pins this week, but when I was going through it I couldn't decide which one, because there are. so. many.

So instead I'm going to do most things searched for on my pinterest (this isn't a technical/statistical thing, there's no way for me to tell if I searched Funny Elephants more than Cute puppies. This is based on my opinion and the new "everything page" feature.)


1. When applied right, contouring can define your cheekbones and jaw line, reduce the look of a double chin, minimize a larger nose, and lift sagging eyes. It’s basically using makeup to highlight and accentuate your features. This is especially important for photos, as the camera tends to pick up shadows and highlights better than the naked eye.
Contouring:
I'm obsessed with mastering the art of contour, yes I realize the picture is a little over top. But I spent the whole evening pinteresting/youtubing "how to contour like a pro" I could watch a million videos and read a million blogs on contouring and never a. be good at it or b. be bored of it. Roland was probably contouring in his sleep after listening to the videos. 

2. maid of honor
Bridesmaid proposals/dresses/bouquets/shoes/anything else to do with it.
I'm asking my first bridesmaid tomorrow if she'll honor me by being in our wedding! I'm excited! So I've been scouring high and low for a cute/creative way to propose. I ended up going generic, getting a picture of us from high school printed and a card that says "If I let you pick the dress, will you say yes?" It's cute, simple, to the point. 

3. I have green eyes and I tried this and it works great for people with green or hazel eyes!! I added a little extra eyeshadow but I will do this for my everyday makeup!!
Eyeshadow tutorial, everyday eyeshado, eye liner:
I'm obsessed with eye shadows. I love all the different looks you can do with the different colors. I'm moving away from shimmery eye shadows and migrating towards matte. I'm also obsessed with youtube video tutorials. Although, most of the youtube make up artists are from London or Australia, and I can only listen to their accents for so long.. I don't know what it is, but I can watch LeighAnnSays and Jacklyn Hill all day, everyday, but Lauren Curtis? I can watch one.. maybe two. Which makes me sad, because I love her tutorials, but after 2 videos I have to put it on mute. As mean as this might be, and totally off topic, it's the truth. 

4.this is amazing
Wedding. All things wedding. Wedding prices, photographs, engagement pictures, chalkboard wedding decor, wine cork wedding decor, how to use chalkboard in your wedding, wedding invitation ideas, fake calligraphy to address your wedding invitations, wedding centerpieces using wine corks, wine bottles, and candles. It's ridiculous all the wedding things I'm pinning.... borderline obsessive. 

5. coffee station -
Bathroom and Kitchen Organization: We have a very tiny bathroom, and a pretty good sized kitchen for a townhouse at least. I enjoy cooking, but I hate that we don't have a lot of storage in our house, period, no where. There's A shelf in the bathroom and TWO cabinets, that's it. That's also to be for the laundry room too..... our bedroom we only have one shelf in my closet (that was ours we brought with us) and Roland's dresser.. and my vanity that has become the "no place for this thing? yup you go here" table, not like I have enough stuff on there with my make upy things. 

Those are the things I'm pinning these days. Another pin related problem I have is that I don't pay attention to what folder they're going in. So I have these food pins in house things and make up pins in my food folder.... it's out of control, also not an easy thing to edit, Pinterest. Get it together. 
So, what are ya'll pinning?
 photo Untitled3_zps0f4ef15b.png

2 comments:

  1. Keep having fun with all the planning - it all goes by way too fast! Although I have to say, my sister wasn't made for it, she hates it!!
    Loved the eye shadow tutorial!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not for everyone. I hate making decisions too, in the beginning my mom gave me options and I had to choose. lol It was definitely easier that way.

    ReplyDelete