photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Monday, December 2, 2013

Book Spiel and new products!



 

Sorry about my hiatus this weekend ladies! Mr. Spiel had Saturday night and all day Sunday off, so we spent most of the weekend getting ready for the upcoming holiday season since he won't get another weekend off :( 

Anyway, this past week, I read probably the greatest book. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was fantastic. It was funny, sad, heart wrenching, and left me wanting more. When I say funny, I mean really funny, there were parts that Mr. Spiel was looking at me funny because I was literally laughing out loud. When I say sad and heart wrenching, I mean it. I can only recall maybe 2 other books that had me balling. This is going on that list. My make up looked great and then I was reading this book and it all went down hill. I generally don't read books a second time, but I will most definitely be reading this one again, glad I bought it on my kindle! (except in order to let my mom read it I have to part ways with little keke -my kindle- so she can live through the ups and downs of Hazel Grace and Augustus as well)

So, basically if you haven't read it yet, do it, it will be one of the best decisions you've made. 

This weekend when I was doing my running around, I picked up some new products that I'm so excited to try! 




photo courtesy of Bing Images



E.L.F Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. I actually saw this first on another blog, Sugarfixxbeauty -maybe, now that I'm looking for the post to link up I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure it was there.- Even if it wasn't, still go check her out, her page is awesome. Anyway---I've been looking for some new bronzer and blush. I'm no queen of contour that's for sure. But I've been studying up with some YouTube videos from Jaclyn Hill, I talked about her in another post, and my most recent favorite Leigh Ann at Leighannsays, go check it out. So I'm becoming pretty confident in the technique now I just need to update my products! So I'm extremely excited about this one!

ALMAY Smart Shade Concealer 

Another thing I've been learning about on YouTube is concealer, which I never-ever use. Seriously, never. I've dabbled in a highlighter that I kidnapped from my mom ages ago, but other than that, concealer is foreign to me. (You'd think with my blemishes I'd be a pro, you'd be wrong.) So I picked up some Almay Smart Shade Concealer to give it a go, and kind of kick of my concealer trial and error session. I'll keep you updated with how that works out. Today it worked out pretty well, except when I put it on, it looked kind of powdery. I may have used to much though, dessert portion of Thanksgiving reeked havoc on my skin..

That's all for now ladies! I would love if you'd follow me on GFC or Bloglovin' ------> over there!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment