photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Why we work: Mr. Spiel and I


I figured I'd jump on this "Why We Work" band wagon started by The Daily Tay, A) because I love reading other people's, and b) because I want other people to do this so I can read theirs. I'm going to try to make this short, sweet, and as least cheesy as possible, please bear with me!

So, without further ado Mr. Spiel and I work because:


We're best friends:

My parents are the one relationship that I admire, they've been through everything together, and they still act like newlyweds. That's what I wanted out of a relationship, someone I can be sarcastic with and not have to justify my party-of-one dance parties to. Roland's even more sarcastic than I am, and although he doesn't join in my dance parties, he doesn't judge me for them. I love that we always have fun together, even during some of our tough times, we find a way to laugh about it.



He spoils me:
I'd always thought I was a pretty good gift giver until I started dating Roland. This is my beautiful Valentine's day present. ------->
I've come to grips with the fact that I will never win a holiday, ever. Even when we're on a spending ban he finds ways to make me feel like I'm the only one that matters in his life. I love him for that.





We're homebodies:
Both of us are perfectly ok with hanging out at home eating cereal and watching t.v. with Toby. If I'm doing that for the rest of my life, I'll be perfectly happy.


I adore him:

In Roland's job, there's always the chance that they could call us next week and tell him they have an opening in North Carolina and if we want it. When he got promoted to his position he was telling me about that, kind of like he was afraid I would say no, not happening. I told him that was one thing he'd never have to worry about, I work in a medical office doing billing, they have that everywhere. I would pack up Toby and my shoes in a heart beat and follow him anywhere in the world. It made things a lot easier on him, not worrying what I'd say if they called and told him we were moving to Washington (state, not D.C.).



We're opposite when it counts:
We're a lot alike, as much as he'd hate to admit it, we both read into things, we both over analyze everything, but we do it at opposite times. When I'm freaking out about something that is dumb, he's laid back and calms me down. When he's freaking out about work stuff, I'm laid back and help him calm down and look at it from a different perspective. We're the worst at making decisions (seriously, picking a place to eat becomes an olympic sport), but when it comes to things that he really wants done, I go with the flow and vice verse. Sometimes he tells me I'm laid back to a fault because he'll ask me what I want to do or watch and I tell him I don't care whatever he wants to watch, or he'll ask me to choose between two movies and I'll let him pick. Nine times out of ten it's not a big deal, but when I care, or there's something I really want to do or see, I'll tell him.


Now that this is getting kind of lengthy, I think the point has been made. We twerk work well. Not quite a well oiled machine, but we're making our way.

Do you have a "Why We Work" post? Link it below and I'll check it out! I love reading these!

Have a fabulous Tuesday!

 photo sig_zps436b4c5d.png






No comments:

Post a Comment