photo header2_zps670ef9f4.png

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Face Spiel: Search for the perfect Primer #4 & #5


We're doing a two in one today! I received these samples at the same time, so they were pretty easy to compare. I think I'm getting closer to finding the perfect primer. I won't stop until I've tried 'em all! -well, most of them at least- This week I've been trying the Clinique Superprimer for Discoloration. It's been an experience. When I first tried this one I didn't think I was going to like it at all. So, here we go!





The first one I tried was the Superprimer for Color Corrections. I really love this primer. It's different from anything I've ever tried. The first time I used it I was using a gel moisturizer, it didn't work out so well. I put it on over that moisturizer and it just rolled off.. kind of like sun burns peel in the summer.. gross, I know. So, needless to say, I put it down for awhile and used my go to Mary Kay Primer. When my Mario Badescu samples came in, which included a moisturizer, I tried it again, and loved it. It's a mousse texture. -don't let the package fool you, it's orange-ish- At first, even with the different moisturizer, I wasn't too sure. Once you get this on your face, it feels kind of chalky. But man, did this stuff work. It even helped diminish my blemishes! It kept my make up on all day, it didn't break me out, it kept me from getting super oily in my t-zone, and it didn't make my dry patches noticeable -which I was really wary of considering it's chalky texture.- I definitely think  I'll be purchasing this one, when my sample ran out I was so sad.



The other one I tried was the Superprimer for Dullness. This one has the same texture as the Color Corrections Superprimer, it left that same chalky feel on my face, this one is more pink -Side Note: It doesn't feel gross, or residue-y, maybe powdery would be a better way to describe it...- This one didn't really do anything for me, compared to the color corrections. I don't have dullness -that I know of, I seriously have no idea how to even look for dullness in the skin- it keeps my make up better than the gel primers, but other than that, I think I'll stick to the Color Corrector since it does more than just hold my make up in place. Although those are equally few and far between as one that "does it all"


Have you tried the Clinique Superprimers? What's your favorite primer?









2 comments:

  1. I always love clinque! Their products are awesome!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They're samples are usually pretty generous too, so I get a good feel of the product!

      Delete